The German National Library has two facilities: one is in Leipzig, the other in Frankfurt/Main. The national library was founded in Leipzig in 1912. After World War II, a national library for the Federal Republic of Germany was erected in Frankfurt, while the German Democratic Republic had its own national archive in Leipzig. After Germany’s reunification in 1990, the two institutions were merged, but there are still two facilities today.
The German National Library collects and documents all German and German-language publications since 1912. At the end of 2012, the library contained about 27.8 million books, and about 1,200 more are archived here every day. Among them are also a few of the books from Ylva Publishing.